Friday, March 24, 2006

Swinger

Most of you know I'm from Ohio. Most of you also know that Ohio cost the Democrats the election in 2004. Ohio is what we call a "swing state." Basically, in elections, Ohio is an unpredictable bitch. She went red in the last 2 elections, but not by very much. And I think there's some crazy statistic that no president has ever won without winning Ohio. Tangentially, I blame this on the fact that Ohio is a mix between midwest and east coast... not quite in the middle of the country, and only six hours from the Atlantic Ocean.

A story out of Youngstown (which is the closest major city to where I grew up, and also the city where I went to college) was brought to my attention last night involving one of my favorite Democrats, Robert Hagan. I'm partial to him because I know him... I worked for his wife in the Youngstown State University Theater Department, and I also babysat his children on several occasions. He's a state senator who made an unsuccessful bid for governor a few years back.

Read the story here. Trust me, it's worth the click.

No comments: