Thursday, March 02, 2006

I always wanted a treehouse!

A fun game for me and Gina, and most of my similar-minded friends, is to spout lies for humor's sake. For instance, after a very large meal, Gina will often say, "Boy, am I hungry." Or, when playing blackjack and dealt a five and a seven, "I love twelve!"

Gina and I share a studio apartment. People, it is small. It's cozy, and we both really love it, but it's small. We have an incredible view of the Hollywood sign and Griffith Park and really all of the Hollywood hills from our window. There's also a beautiful tree with flowers (hyacinth? jasmine? we don't know) right outside the windows by our bed, so I often compare our little abode to a treehouse. It makes it seem like we're an exclusive club, eternally planning out ways to spy on our little siblings. It's us against the world!

Two days ago, I was in the kitchen cooking, and I was quickly running out of space, and my frustration was mounting. I could feel myself tensing up, panicking. So finally, I said:

"Man, there is so much space in here!"

"I know, right?"

"Like seriously, I don't know what to do with all of this counter space we have!"

"Yeah, I know! I was going to go buy some appliances to fill it up, but then I realized I had too much money."

No comments: