Monday, January 09, 2006

Love...

Last April, I was in the delivery room when my friend Kim gave birth to her firstborn, Kyle. This is what he looked like, about two days after he was born:

ktpblanketlittle

Kim lives a good 35 minutes away from me with no traffic, which means it usually takes me about an hour to get to her place. Needless to say, I don't get out to see her and Kyle nearly as much as I'd like. But the past six weeks have been a record, I think. They left for CT for the holidays right around Thanksgiving, and just came back to town this past week. I was booked as Kyle's babysitter for last night, and having not seen him since mid-November, I was especially excited. He's doing all sorts of fun things now, like sitting up on his own (and crawling!)...

ktpsitting

...grinning a little boy grin...

ktpgrinning

...and, my most favorite thing, whining and giving me a look that says, "All I want to do is lay still and cuddle!! Can we do that? Please?"...

ktpbinky

This is what we did for the rest of the night. He just lay there, on top of me, staring into the distance. I swear he was thinking about something, although what I can't begin to imagine. I set him down a couple times to crawl around and be a little boy-kid, but he wasn't into it. He just wanted to snuggle with me. Little does he know, that's what I wanted to do too.

No comments: