Thursday, January 11, 2007

Made.

About six months ago, my friend Kim gave us the first and second season of The Sopranos to watch whenever we had time. The Sopranos is a show I had maybe seen three scenes of over the years. I wasn’t purposely avoiding it, but I felt like it was a show that if you don’t see it from the beginning, it’s not really worth watching. And it started when I was in college, back in the days when I never watched TV, so I never saw it.

Of course, everyone stones me when I mention I’ve never seen it. Finally, about a week ago, gina and I popped in the first disc of the first season to see what was what. Not surprisingly, we’re hooked. I haven’t been this addicted since Lost was on DVD, but I feel like this is even worse because gina and I have both fallen head over heels in TV love with Lorraine Bracco, who plays Dr. Jennifer Melfi on the show. I’ve had dreams almost every night for the past week about being involved in murder plots or other various illegal activities, and also one PG-13 dream about Dr. Melfi herself.

As I tend to do, I’ve been sharing my obsession with a few choice people, including my friend Joey at work, who is also a big fan of the show. She’s part of the Coffee Time crew, and because I think she’s hilarious, I have a habit of trying to make her laugh more than she’s ever laughed before. It usually works, but today, another Coffee Time girl, Liz, stole my thunder.

I can’t remember what we were talking about, but I was being my usual stupid sarcastic self, trying to make the girls laugh, probably sounding mean about something or other.

Joey said, “Now, Katie, Dr. Melfi wouldn’t approve of you saying that.”

I gasped. “How do you know what I’m thinking about every second of every day?!?”

She laughed, and then Liz said, completely seriously, “Wait, do you guys go to the same doctor?”

No comments: