Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Confession.

I have been in denial for a few years about something I think I should share. I've tried to ignore the urge, and have failed miserably as of late. I am, and really have always been, a junkie for technology.

How has this manifested itself as of late? It started almost three years ago, when I bought my first very own computer. It was no one's but mine. I had to take a loan out to buy it and I loved it. I still love it.

About a year after that, I finally bought an iPod, after saying up and down that I didn't need one.

A few months later, after a bunch of pressure from my friends, I bought a digital camera, after resisting for so long.

A few months later, I bought a brand new iMac, so that I could have a desktop AND a laptop.

A month after the computer purchase, I bought a video iPod. Why? Because I wanted it.

Now? I want a video camera. I want a digital SLR camera. I want an iPhone. And above all, I want a flat screen TV.

I decided in the last month that instead of fighting these urges, I would embrace them, and insist everyone around me like me for who I am. I will always want the newer computer, the newer TV, the newer camera. And if that makes me a bad person, so be it.

No comments: