Thursday, February 09, 2006

I'm not *really* talking about work, right?

I am not a fan of talking about work outside of work, and especially on my blog, but I had a conversation with my field producer yesterday that she keeps replaying, and I think it accurately portrays our working relationship.

Me: You want the good news or the bad news?

Field Producer: The bad news.

Me: The bad news is, I forgot to get a release from this guy for the shoot this weekend.

FP: Okay. What's the good news?

Me: The good news is, if the guy has a problem with the release, you'll talk him into signing it.

I later discussed with my friend Lisa how my producer could sell snow to an Eskimo, and Lisa agreed but one-upped me: "She could talk a dog off of a meat truck."

The real good news: I got the release signed. The guy was totally cool about it.

No comments: