Tuesday, February 09, 2016

30 in 30

I made up this challenge for myself a few days ago - 30 blog posts in 30 days. This is post #6 in as many days, and because of the nature of this challenge, I want to explain myself here.

I'm doing this as a way to get me to resume thinking as a writer. More on what that means in a later post. But I've been ignoring the writing thing for way too long, and I need to stop. So, this is one way I'm attempting to change my habits. 

This is my own space and I get to do whatever I please here, so not all of these posts will be fantastic or life-changing or funny or sad or whatever other adjective you're expecting. Sometimes they are just going to be fangirl love letters to writers or singers or actors. Sometimes they'll just be lists of stupid shit my kids do. Other times, they will be complaints about how everything is the worst. Maybe occasionally they will just be pictures with captions - captions count as writing! The posts might make you love me or hate me or think I'm wasting my time and yours. I'm okay with all of this. The goal is just to get them published, to have a deadline for myself, and to meet that deadline. I have no idea what I'm going to write about every day, but I will always find something, because that's what I need to do. 

Ideally, writing this much will slowly make me a better writer, and eventually, the quality of my posts will be higher, and you'll be interested to come here and see what I'm thinking and to tell me what you're thinking, and to also tell your friends to do the same. My goal with this blog has always been, since 2004!, to have a place to write and to connect, a place to dump thoughts I'm willing to share with others. 

And maybe in this process, I'll learn how to end blog posts well.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I feel like "The End" is solid. And also original.

Kudos for seeing this thing through.