Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Some highlights

1. Alive and visiting - I'm definitely still alive over here, despite my severe lack of posting. I've been traveling for work so extensively that I feel like I'm a visitor in my own life. Not much has happened over the past month and a half that didn't involve me getting on an airplane. Therefore, not much to talk about.

2. Katie's tour of the Southeast - Somehow, work has repeatedly sent me to the southeast during what must have been one of the hottest summers on record. I've been in the heat and humidity all summer and never realized the benefits and necessity of sweating more than I do now. Even the triple digit temps in LA recently have been a breath of stifled air compared to what I've been working in all summer. I type this now from the French Quarter in New Orleans, where I'll be working one day before driving over to Mobile, Alabama. Yeah - I'm not kidding. I'm the master of the southeast. I gotta say though, my skin's never been better. And I actually have a tan.

3. Birthdays - My birthday is next week, and I'm throwing myself what I think will be my last big birthday party. This will be my fourth "invite everyone I know" party, and since I'm turning 29, I think this is a good time to stop. Maybe I'll change my mind, but the turnout this year isn't looking as good as it has been in the past, and I feel like it's a good idea to go out with a bang. My 30th birthday might be a trip to Vegas... I haven't decided. I have a year to figure that out - thank God.

4. Home sweet home - Our condo is coming along swimmingly. We LOVE it. In gina's words: "I feel like a weight has been lifted that I didn't even know I was carrying." We're ridiculously happy with it.

5. Teaser - stay tuned for some semi-big news that I'll share in the next two weeks or so. No, I'm not pregnant.

No comments: