Thursday, December 08, 2005

Conversations

"Hey, what was that funny phrase we said at lunch today, and I said I was going to make a top 10 list of funniest phrases and that was going to be on it?"

"Oh... um..."

"It was around when we were said rootin' tootin' cowboy."

"Rootin' tootin' cowboy! That wasn't it?"

"Nope."

"What were we talking about?"

"You were saying how babies are dangerous like on Bugs Bunny when the baby had a rifle in the stroller and it was shooting at Bugs, but the baby was really Elmer Fudd."

"No, it was Yosemite Sam."

"I know, but you said Elmer Fudd first."

"Oh, right."

"It wasn't 'ticking time bomb.' It was in the knife-on-the-ceiling fan conversation..."

"Oh... um.... butter in the ceiling fan..."

"Right before you said, Check out the midwestern sweatshirt."

"OH, shit, I think that lady heard me, because she glared at me on my way out."

"Was it her glaring, or the teddy bear wearing a santa hat on her sweatshirt?"

"Oooh, I'm not sure."

"So what was it? The phrase?"

"It's right on the tip of my tongue. What did I tell you we needed to look for tonight?"

"OH! Um... space heaters... and... diapers?"

"No, not diapers... um..."

Pause. Pause. Pause.

"Well, if you think of that phrase, call me."

"Can opener!"

"That wasn't it."

"No, that's what we need to look for tonight."

No comments: