Thursday, March 08, 2018

Catching up

If you're reading this, you know me. And if you know me, you know I had twins in February of 2017. And if you like to do math, you'll figure out that means I got pregnant in June of 2016. And if you look in my archives, you'll see I stopped blogging in May of 2016.

I was basically afraid to talk about my pregnancy. In person. On paper. At all.


And so this space has stayed blank. And once the babies arrived safely, we had FOUR KIDS and THAT IS A LOT OF KIDS and THERE IS NO TIME TO DO ANYTHING BUT TAKE CARE OF ALL OF THE KIDS AND THEIR CONSTANT NEEDS.

But writing is what I always come back to. It's my constant - even if never constantly. So I'm back, and over the next few weeks, I'm going to try to re-create the last two years, if for no other reason than to preserve my own memories of what they have been like, because so much stuff has happened that has changed me forever - A LOT good, and some not so good. I want to remember what I felt, because those feelings and memories are already so hard to hang on to.

(For instance, right after the babies were born, I told anyone who would listen: WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS MORE THAN ONCE? YOU ALL ARE CRAZY. And now that they are 1 and their babyhood is technically behind them? Let's just say it's a good thing sperm costs money.) (More on this later.)

No comments: