Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Prelude to a kid.

I was enjoying the last bit of a bowl of cereal this morning on the couch, watching the fire coverage, chatting on the phone with a friend. Noodle comes trotting out of the office, where gina is playing with Shelfari. Noodle comes to my feet and looks up at me. I'm looking at her, talking to the friend, and a split second later, she jumps onto my lap. The bowl of cereal is balanced on my left leg... she is now on my right.

"NOODLE! Get down!"

Sensing she's done something wrong, she hurriedly figures her best way out, which was to turn around on my lap, thereby sticking two paws IN my cereal bowl, and then jumping onto the NEW couch, with two milky paws, and then off of the couch to the ground. The wreckage - two milky paw prints on the couch, and milk all over my pants.

No comments: