Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I'm learning...

You want to know what I can't figure out how to do here? I'll tell you.

Thanks to KTP, I learned of HaloScan comments. I like the fact that you can type in your name, email, and homepage, and leave a comment. It's very user-friendly.

Naturally, when I started up this version of my blog, I wanted to use HaloScan comments. I went to the website and since I'm HTML illiterate, I opted for the automatic setup of HaloScan. All it asked for was my blogger name and password, and ta-da! HaloScan comments are added.

HOWEVER, when I make ANY template changes, the HaloScan comments disappear. It's like the code for the HaloScan comments is not in my template, and it's somehow magically appearing on my blog anyway, and the minute I change my template to, let's say, add on another site I visit, the HaloScan comments disappear.

This sucks.

So... until I learn how to fix it, I have to add to my list of sites I visit every day a website I didn't have the address for last night when I was working on this. (The address is on my computer at work, so I checked it today and made a note to add it.)

The website is: Amanda B.'s Very Zen website. Amanda, if you read this, as soon as I figure out what the hell I need to do to add you to the side of my page, I'll do it.

No comments: