Saturday, May 05, 2007

Sydney and Saturday

I've made it back from Syndey, after a very long and uneventful and did I mention long flight back on Friday. Here are some more pictures:

Hotel:

IMG_4112.JPG

IMG_4113.JPG

Bondi Beach...

Bondi Beach.

...and its INCREDIBLY CLEAR WATER:

Look how clear the water is!

Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge:

IMG_4161.JPG

Harbour Bridge

Harbour Bridge in the sunlight.

Sydney Opera House

Sydney Opera House

Skyline:

From Milson's Point...
Sydney

From Mrs Macquary's Park:
Skyline -  Sydney

The Taronga Zoo:

Ferry ride over to the zoo:
Ferry ride to Taronga Zoo

Welcome

Baby Wallaby:

Baby Wallaby

Baby Wallaby

Koala - he was walking right towards my camera:

CU Koala

Meerkats - by far the animal which captivity seems to have affected the least - they were so curious and seemed so happy:

Curious meerkat

Meerkats

Tiger - I felt really bad for the tigers. They were obviously not pleased to be there, although I think they had been raised in captivity:

Small species of Tiger

Tiger hissing at zoo visitors:

Tiger hissing at the zoo visitors.  Eeeps!

There was this little section of the zoo that you had to enter two gates to get through, but once you were inside it was a small path through this little kangaroo and wallaby habitat. It was pretty amazing.

Kangaroo:

Kangaroo

Wallaby:

Wallaby

There was also this huge bird there which was not shy. Gina asked if it was threatening, and I responded with, "You see a bird that big walking towards you, you don't care what it's thinking. You get out of the way."

Huge bird

Even the wallaby got out of the way when it saw the bird coming - he hopped right in front of me on the path:

Wallaby on the run

View of Sydney from the zoo:

View of the city from the Taronga Zoo

I fell in love with this city. So clean and beautiful and not overcrowded. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love my job.

I love it!

No comments: